Google Backup and Sync is very similar to Dropbox but there are some small differences. Google backup and sync has some extra options.
Desktop Folder Syncing
- Google Backup and Sync also has the option to make a backup of your ‘Desktop Folder’ and sync it.
- Dropbox cannot sync your desktop folder.
Sharing files on the web
- Dropbox makes it very easyÂ to share files publicly from the finder of OS X. It’s is fully integrated into OS X.
- Google Backup and SyncÂ makes it a bit more complicated to share files because it is still web-based.Â You need to go to your Google drive on the web and share it from there. (Once it’s set up it works well though!)
Accessing files offline
- Google Backup and SyncÂ andÂ Dropbox can both access file offline.