Dropbox and Google File Stream have big differences.Â Google Drive is best for publishing lots of filesÂ to multiple users. Dropbox is great to reliably sync files across your own computers. If you are used to Dropbox, don’t think of Google File Stream as being likeÂ Dropbox.Â Here are some of the differences:
- Dropbox keeps a copy of the files locally on your computer so that you can access the files offline.
- Google Drive only downloads the files as you need them
- Dropbox makes it very easy to share files publicly on the web via a link.
- Google Drive can share files publicly but it’s a little trickier to set up.
- DropboxÂ is best for syncing your own personal files acrossÂ multiple computers.
- Google Drive is best for an organisation to make files available to multiple users.
- DropboxÂ has less space available on the free plan.
- Google Drive gives you 25GB of storage per user!
- Google Drive has some great WordPress plugins available to embed documents in WordPress. (I’ve done this here)