I was recently given a Pages document to print for someone but the picture was too dark. In this article I described how to get a photo out of keynote, so I thought I’d give it a go with Pages – it worked! I was able to extract the Photo as full resolution, edit it in Photos App, then put it back in the Pages document to print. Here’s how.
1. The first thing to try is to right click (or option click) on the Pages file and see if you get an option that says ‘Show Package Contents.’ If it’s there, select ‘Show Package Contents’ and it will open a folder with all the images in it. Don’t remove them from the folder or it will break the file. But you can copy them out (option click and drag) and then use them how you want.
If your file is from an older version of Pages you can just select ‘Show Package Contents’ to see the original photos in your Pages document.
2. If that doesn’t work, there’s a work-around for newer versions of Pages. Right click on the Pages file and select ‘duplicate’. This is so that you are working on a copy and won’t hurt the original file.
3. Click on the filename of the new file and replace the ‘.pages’ with ‘.zip’. In my example I’m changing it from ‘book.pages’ to ‘book.zip’.
4. It will prompt you to make sure, click ‘Use.zip’.
5. Now double click on the .zip file and it will create a folder.
6. Open the folder and inside the folder will be all the pictures from your Pages file in full resolution. You can copy them, move them, whatever you want!