Here’s how to change the default font, size, colour etc of a new Pages document in Pages, so that every new document will have the style you want.
Here’s how to change the default font in Pages 5, Pages 6 and Pages 7
1. Open a new document and select the font settings you want (e.g. Times New Roman, Size 12)
2. Go to File > Save as Template. Save your template (I saved mine as â€œNormal).
3. Go to Pages > Preferences
4. Under the â€œGeneralâ€ tab > For New Documents, check off â€œUse template.â€
5. Click â€œChange Template,â€ and select the template you just created.
Now each time you open a new document, it will use your template with the saved settings.
Here’s how to do it in Pages 4:
- Open a New document
- Select some text in the document
- Change the font and color to what you want
- Go to View: Show Styles Drawer
- Click on the red arrow next to “Body” and & select “Redefine Style from Selection”
- Delete all the text that you typed. Otherwise that text appears every time you open a new document.
- Go to File: “Save As Template…” and Save the document as a name that is clear e.g. “100 black”
- Go to Pages: Preferences
- Under the General tab click the “Use template” for new Documents.
- Select ‘”Templates” and select the template you just saved.
It will now use that template for new pages documents.