My favourite quick note syncing utility – NValt broke with Catalina. I was getting error that it could not find my notes folder, but when I tried to select another notes folder it did not work
I was able to get it up and running again, but it took a bit of fiddling. Most of the forums have given up on it, but it does still work. The trick for me was completely re-installing the app from scratch.
- Make sure your notes are synced using Simplenote.
- Delete the notational velocity notes folder from your ~/Library/application support folder.
- Delete the ‘net.elasticthreads.nv.list’ from your preferences folder.
- Delete the Notational Velocity App from your Applications folder.
- Download NValt 2.2.8 again from https://brettterpstra.com/projects/nvalt/
- Re-sync with Simplenote and it will download all your notes again.