Things is still my favourite to-do app but Wunderlist is free and it’s Android compatible. Here’s how to export your to-do items from Things to Wunderlist.
To get all your todo items from Things into Wunderlist you need to export your Things items as a text file then import that text file into Wunderlist using the Wunderlist parser tool.
- Select your first Area of Responsibility in Things. (e.g. ‘home’)
- Select the top to-do item in that area, then shift click on the bottom to-do item. Now all the to-do items will be selected. They turn blue to show they are selected.
- Drag all the selected to-do items to the desktop. Things will make a note on the desktop with all the items in it.
- Open this note, then press Apple-A to select all of the note. Press Apple-C to copy all the text.
- Go to http://wunderlist-parser.herokuapp.com/parser
- Login with your Wunderlist details. Under ‘Items’ click and then press Apple-V to paste all the to-do items items in there. Under ‘List Title’ type in the name of the area of responsibility (e.g. ‘home’)
- Click on ‘Create List’ at the bottom of the window and all the items will be imported into Wunderlist.
The Wunderlist parser tool imports each line in a text file as a seperate to-do item.