I just got a Samsung SGH D900i mobile phone but it doesn’t sync address book contacts across bluetooth or USB with isync becasue isync only syncs with the D900.
I modified the isync plugin and now it’s working!
Here’s how to get it going… and after some comments I also added a version for the samsung G600 mobile phone.
There’s also a version for Optus Bird phones here.
- Download this file and unzip it, you should end up with a folder called Samsung-D900.phoneplugin.
- Go to applications, isync and right click or control click and go to ‘show package contents’
- Open the isync Contents folder, then Plugins, then ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice, then Contents, then Plugins.
- Drag my Samsung-D900.phoneplugin file into that folder, next to all the other phone plugin files. it will ask if you want to overwrite the existing folder, say Overwrite.
- Make sure bluetooth is turned on on your phone (applications bluetooth) , and on your computer (preferences/bluetooth). Choose add new bluetooth device under the bluetooth preference pane on your macintosh and add your phone. Open isync and it should now sync with your new D900i.
Note: if you want to mount yourÂ D900i as a USB drive that is a separate issue, look here.
If you find this helpful please consider a link to this site! Thanks.
Some people have asked for a G600 version. No idea if this will work but you could try this one: http://macintohshowto.com/public/Samsung-G600.phoneplugin.zip. It’s just the D 900i with the name changed. Same instructions as above but I’d delete the D900 plugin as it may clash with his one. Let me know if it works!